Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Hello all - fellow students and instructors alike. This is my introductory post pertaining to Danny's CSC148 computer science course, for the following winter session, at the University of Toronto. 

I took CSC108 last semester and thoroughly enjoyed the coding assignments given to us, having spent long hours going through all of them and helping others in the process. I did not have any computer science/programming background prior to my post-secondary years. Thanks to help from peers and instructors, specifically on the forums, the course went by smoothly and successfully for me. I hope I can have the same experience in CSC148 and help others along the way as they did for me in the past!

The first two weeks of class have been quite a smooth transition from CSC108. However, the PEP style guides for Python are a little different from what we have been taught in 108, e.g., formatting/documentation. I found this slightly annoying and wish we could have just could have just done this from the start, i.e., 108. Other than that tiny nuisance, I have enjoyed the course thus far.

I have heard great things about our head instructor, Danny, from past students taking this course, as well as CSC104. Having said that, I hope I can come out of this course, at the end of the term, enriched with further knowledge in Python and computer science in general. As a final remark, I would like to wish all of my fellow peers and teachers, as well as myself, a smooth and successful run through this course.

Until the next post, see you all at lecture!

No comments:

Post a Comment